Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Presentation: Notes and Additional Context

Hello!

This is my blogsite demonstrating the work and research done into Modern Black Cartoonists and Modern Black animation. I wanted to focus on portrayals in animation besides the early examples that we were able to fully discuss in class. While there is a clear difference between the quality and kind of representation, my research indicated still a lack of representation and issues in types of representation.

A common theme throughout my work was a statistic I found on Zippia, a business industry analyst website. It stated that in 2020, 4.3% of professionals in the animation industry were Black. I think that provides a context to the work done by Black professionals in the industry and the examples of characters in animation today.

The header and footer image of my blog showcase characters in a collage style format. In this post, I have attached images that provide context to animation I discuss within my projects outside of what we have discussed in class.

Comic:

Hair Love









Static Shock











OK KO











Cannon Busters











Supa Team 4













Analysis:

Black Characters in Modern Animation










Libby (Jimmy Neutron)









The Cleveland Show











Doc McStuffins








Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment